WP4: Integrated Case Study Pollutant Assessments
The goal of WP4 is to develop scientifically robust and transparent assessment methodologies for case study pollutants and apply them, in close collaboration with the Living Labs process (WP3), to create scenarios for achieving zero pollution.
Lead institution: SINTEF Ocean
• To map the primary emission sources of each case study pollutant along the respective value chain.
• To assess the environmental risk associated with each case study pollutant.
• To map the existing value chain of each case study pollutant and to identify existing technological actions and mitigation strategies aimed at reducing emissions and pollution levels.
• To identify and summarise current governance strategies, efforts and arrangements that specifically attempt to mitigate emissions of the case study pollutants and minimise pollution.
• To conduct a scenario development and impact assessment process focusing on achieving zero pollution for the case study pollutants at the regional seas level.
• To coordinate collation of outputs from each task into individual case study summaries and ensure that the main outputs of WP4 are fed into WP5.
- Task 4.1. Mapping of primary emission sources along the value chain (expected June 2024)
- Task 4.2. Determination of environmental risk (expected June 2024)
- Task 4.3. Mapping of existing value chain and technological actions and strategies (expected Aug 2025)
- Task 4.4. Mapping of current governance strategies/efforts/arrangements (expected Aug 2025)
- Task 4.5. Scenario development and impact assessment for achieving zero pollution for the regional case studies
- Task 4.6. Case study leads and document preparationThe goal of WP4 is to develop scientifically robust and transparent assessment methodologies for case study pollutants and apply them, in close collaboration with the Living Labs process (WP3), to create scenarios for achieving zero pollution.
Copyright 2022 GRID – Arendal
Funded by the European Union`s Horizon Europe programme under grant agreement No.101060213