WP2: Building Blocks for Zero Pollution Governance
WP2 will provide an overview of Zero Pollution governance in the EU including relevant legislation and policy processes
and European Commission communications. It will also outline gaps and obstacles, and identify opportunities and best practices for improving implementation.
Lead institution: Flanders Marine Institute
• To obtain insights on the main gaps and obstacles causing a discrepancy between the as-is situation and the desired environmental situation for selected priority pollutants
• To develop a robust assessment of the Zero Pollution topics and trajectories on EU level, based on current implementation of EU policies and legislation.
• To identify opportunities and best practices for improving the implementation of EU policies and legislation through a stocktaking assessment and stakeholder consultations
• To analyse perceptions of the priority pollutants: the problem and potential solutions in the public and selected stakeholder groups.
- Task 2.1. The Zero Pollution ambition (Report available for download here)
- Task 2.2. Governance arrangements for zero pollution (coming up later in 2023)
- Task 2.3. Standardised stakeholder survey (coming up later in 2023)
Copyright 2022 GRID – Arendal
Funded by the European Union`s Horizon Europe programme under grant agreement No.101060213